Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Punkins

I love fresh, natural touches for decor. For example, fresh flowers just seem to bring life to a room. I feel like pumpkins are the same way this time of year. My roomie Katie had visited a pumpkin patch with her hubs earlier last week and came home with not only a few pumpkins for the porch, but some awesome-looking star gourds. She added them to the vignette on the dining room table and it looks awesome! So when her hubs asked if I wanted to go to the pumpkin patch, I of course said yes!


The pumpkin patch is at St Richard's Episcopal Church in Round Rock. They get a new truck from New Mexico weekly! I just loved all the little punkins they had and couldn't wait to pick some out to bring home!

I pored over the star gourds for a while, looking for ones with interesting colors. I've never seen them before and they are just too cool.

I came home with 14 (yes, 14) LITTLE pumpkins! The prices are reasonable, especially for the little pumpkins: I spent less than $10. And you can donate to charity when you pay-- like getting mosquito nets for people in foreign countries. Love.

So this is how I used the lil' punkins.



When the hubs and Katie came home last night from a weekend youth event, they said it was like hunting Easter eggs, they just kept finding them! Love it, that's exactly what I was going for!

I highly encourage a trip to this pumpkin patch if you can!

Linking up at:

http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-great-halloween-link-up-party.html

[SABlink-party%255B4%255D.jpg]
http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2012/10/shabbilicious-friday-link-party5th.html

No comments:

Post a Comment