Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Mantle Decor

More about fall. Sigh. Decorating this year has been so fun being in the new house. I love finding new places for decor, I want things to look a little different every year by mixing the items. Tonight I want to show our mantle decor for the fall. I posted about our fireplace and mantle a month ago and raved about how much I love it. While I loved the decor that was up before, I wanted to change it a little for the fall. This is what it looked like before:



Sigh. I kept the window and garland up because they are pretty neutral (really, the garland reminds me of fall/Halloween because it is coffee-stained papers. something about that seems creepy...?), but changed out the end pieces. The birds and the topiary cage went into hiding for now. I had a wicker pumpkin I scored at the Dollar Spot from Target last year to go on the mantle for some fall inspiration.



And for the other side I used an antique jar (not a Mason! what?!) and put candy corn and a white candle inside. Although I personally do not really like candy corn, they are fun to decorate with because the colors are definitely a reminder of fall, and they are whimsical! Funny note- last night we had the high school boys bible study over and they wanted to eat them. The hubs started to let them but then told them they couldn't because I would notice if any were missing. I don't know about that... but I did notice that the jar had been slightly moved. :)

 
Recently I posted about the height issues with the topiaries on the console table, and this is where they found their way to! Since the pumpkin and jar are short and round, the topiaries provide the perfect contrast in height! Yay! I was so excited they got to stay out!





We have a chair next to the fireplace where it is nice to relax and cozy up when there is a fire (the one time that has happened so far).
 

But behind the chair there is a ledge between the living and dining room. I also switched up the decor on the ledge for fall. I used the trophy vase that was on the mantle before and filled it with pine cones. Pine cones are great to use to decorate for fall because they are easy (throw them in a cool bowl, vase, hurricane, etc. ) and inexpensive.



My roomie Katie brought out a cute little tray she painted with chalkboard paint and wrote a fun fall message.


Yes, we live in Texas. I say y'all often. So this is perfect. :)

To top it off, the hubs brought out my fave Halloween decoration this weekend because he was feeling bad for me having to work on Saturday and then do so much homework. Meet Halloween Snoopy. I actually took him from my mom's house years ago because I loved it so much.

He plays the Charlie Brown theme song when you push his hand, and the crystal ball flashes and he bounces up and down. It is a classic in my life.... just ask all my previous roomies. I don't know if they liked him as much as I do. :)

Regardless, fall is officially here and my house is ready!

Have you decorated your mantle for fall? Do you have any traditional fall or Halloween decorations? 

I will be linking up to:
fall mantel party centsational girl

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Kate's party. Your mantel looks really nice. I love the candle with the candy corn - such a cute idea. But I love candy corn so it may not last long in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mantel, but I really love your Snoopy. Big Snoopy fans in our house!

    ReplyDelete